Graduation is a special accomplishment for every student and the General Studies program joins our students in celebrating this milestone. Planning for graduation does not end with completing that last credit hour.
IUPUI celebrates one university Commencement ceremony May of every year. Graduates from the previous December and students planning to graduate May and August of the Commencement year are invited to participate. The date of Commencement 2012 is Sunday, May 13th.
Submitting the graduation application, ordering the cap, gown and invitations, and verifying the printed name for the diploma are all important aspects of preparing for graduation.
- All students planning to graduate must submit a graduation application. (The General Studies graduation application link is available at the end of this page).
NOTE: Students planning to graduate in May or August and attend the university's commencement ceremony in May, can submit their graduation application on or after December 1 to insure their name is printed in the Commencement program.The graduate's name may not be printed in the Commencement program if the graduation application is received after March 1.
- In late February each year, the Alumni Office sends Commencement information to students who graduated in December of the previous year and students who are planning to graduate May and August of the Commencement year. The mailing includes cap, gown and invitation order information. After March 1 each year, students can also visit the Alumni Office Commencement website (http://alumni.iupui.edu/commencement/2011/info.html) for all Commencement program information as well as to order cap, gown, and invitations.
- The name on the student's official record will be printed on the diploma. If a student wishes a different name printed on the diploma, the student must contact the Office of the Registrar, Campus Center, 2nd level; telephone: 317.274.1519. A diploma can be reprinted. The current cost is $25 and subject to change. Requests for a reprint on a diploma or additional copies are made to the Office of the Registrar.
- All communication from the General Studies Degree Program office will be sent to the student's university e-mail address. If students do not use their IUPUI account or do not know how to access their university e-mail, they must contact the university's technology helpline at 317.274.HELP or online at http://uits.iu.edu/.
The General Studies degree program of the School of Continuing Studies graduates students three times a year: December, May and August. All graduates of that academic year are invited to participate in the IUPUI Commencement ceremony held in May every year.
- General Studies students are recognized individually in a Post-Commencement program. Invitations for graduation events are sent to the student's university email address. The Post-Commencement celebration is held in Exhibit Hall E of the Indiana Convention Center following the conclusion of the university's Commencement ceremony.
- The IUPUI Commencement Ceremony is a memorable event for graduates and their family members. Information about the Commencement is made available online: http://alumni.iupui.edu/commencement/2011/info.html.
Diplomas for May graduates will usually be available the week following Commencement. Students will be notified through their university e-mail when May diplomas are released.